It’s easy to become distracted while driving on the road. Winter weather can make roads slippery and hazardous, so it’s even more crucial you stay present while driving during the colder months.
Follow these tips to prevent distractions while you’re on the road:
- Avoid talking on your cellphone or texting while driving.
- Never touch up your makeup or hair in the rearview mirror.
- Limit your conversations with passengers and ask them to keep their voices down so you can concentrate on the road.
- Don’t smoke while you are driving, as you will probably not be able to give your entire attention to driving safely.
- Only adjust the radio when you are completely stopped.
- Never allow animals to sit on your lap while driving.
- Don’t eat or drink while driving.
- Avoid reading maps or directions as you drive. Instead, pull into a parking lot to determine where you need to go next.
For additional information or questions about preventing distracted driving, contact us today.